PDA

View Full Version : Replacing stucco finish with stone

Michelle Gibson
2006-09-07, 07:02 PM
I mastered stack walls quite well a while back, now want to simplify how we draw exterior walls. For the most part, our wall will be typical stucco on wood stud. For certain portions, I want to be able to attach a new wall on the face of the stucco and call it stone (I would white out the stucco in section or plan detail and refer to it as air space). Seems quite straight forward and allows me to change heights and lengths of stone accents along the wall face.

I've downloaded some nice patterns and tried to create a wall type called stone in which the surface pattern should be one the ledger patterns I have downloaded. When I try and select a pattern, none of the fill patterns I have previously downloaded show up and there is no 'load" button for me to bring them into my project. How do I do this?

As well, I don't know if I downloaded model or drafting patterns. What I want to do is be able to do 3D rendering or images for the client. If I have to, I can add stone in section during contract documents.

Any answers out there?

robert.manna
2006-09-07, 08:31 PM
You can load new fill patterns from: settings -> fill patterns; new button.

As to creating these accents my first inclanations would be either split the surface (not my favorite) or a wall hosted family if the accents are not continuous. You could even allow the hosted family to cut into the wall, and have a parameter that controls depth, thus eliminate the need for any "white out" and making your sections look correct.

HTH,
-R