PDA

View Full Version : Detail View: Plan

tonyisenhoff
2006-09-07, 08:31 PM
I've placed a stair. Depending on the callout you add, you get different results.

Original Stair: (Stair Original.png)

Detail View: Plan - Stair doesn't show the dashed part of the stair (Stair1.png)

Floor Plan - Shows the stair exactly the same as the floor plan view (Stair2.png)

Can you control this? I would like to use the Detail View: Plan callout, but not loose the dashed lines, etc.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-07, 08:44 PM
I've placed a stair. Depending on the callout you add, you get different results.

Detail View: Plan - Stair doesn't show the dashed part of the stair (Stair1.png)

Floor Plan - Shows the stair exactly the same as the floor plan view (Stair2.png)

Can you control this? I would like to use the Detail View: Plan callout, but not loose the dashed lines, etc.

I didn't know there were two different kinds of callouts, but the first thing that popped into my head is the fact that each callout has its own VIEW RANGE. Try messing with that first.

luigi
2006-09-07, 11:29 PM
Notice how each type of callout can be controlled....There are a couple of areas to control...I just recently wrote about it...I will find it and link it here, so you can read it...

luigi
2006-09-07, 11:32 PM
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=45517

Find my post with this in it:
A floor plan callout(FPC) and a Detail view callout(DVC)

I hope it helps...

BTW, if you like how the stairs looks in the main plan, then apply view templates from the main floor plan to the detail callout....then change the scale and possible the detail level from course to fine...

Firmso
2006-09-07, 11:49 PM
Try placing Callout.
Go to View > Callout, then click properties and under Family, select System Family: Floor Plan then place your view reference. this allows you to match your your floor plan view but be in detail view.
I hope this helps.

mccurdyks
2009-05-27, 09:52 PM
As best as I can tell, this "issue" hasn't been resolved. I'm sure the stairs are intended to behave differently in a detail callout placed in a plan view and a plan view callout, so Autodesk doesn't consider this an "issue." What I really need is a hybrid functionality: graphics that look like a plan view callout with the break and overhead lines; also the ability to make visible in ALL intersecting views so it will show up in all my design options.

Anyone got a good workaround? For my needs the ability to make the callout visible in all intersecting views is most important, so I'm going to have to use a detail callout placed in plan view and just draft the overhead lines. But I would really prefer not to do this.

Kevin

mccurdyks
2009-05-27, 10:10 PM
Hate to reply to my own post, but I solved the problem for my particular situation.

I just create the floor plan view, then I'm linking the model with 5 different design options into the 5 separate "final" document models. I can just reference this single view 5 times into each of those "document" models.

Thanks,

K