PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to Acad File Issue

mnielsen
2006-09-07, 10:52 PM
We have been experiencing some problems while exporting our Revit model to an Autocad drawing format. Specifically, our Site Plans that have Survey base map drawings (Acad format) linked into our model file are not appearing correctly. The Revit model shows the contour lines in these files, but once we open the exported ACAD file we have lost them.
Stranger yet, the exported file has the original XREF file (the same one linked into the Revit model) and all layers are turned on/thawed. We have tried every option available in the Export to CAD format dialogue box, and still get the same result. When opening the CAD file for the first time the Preview actually shows these lines...

Any ideas?

mibzim
2006-09-08, 03:33 AM
There are a heap of DWG export issues. Mr Spot has a good list here (http://revitrants.blogspot.com/2006/05/export-to-dwg-known-issues.html) is you wanna check it out, otherwise i would suggest you send it to support.

dbaldacchino
2006-09-08, 03:44 AM
I have run into some network UNC path issues which had an effect on exports.

For instance, the link, even though it's set to "relative", would show the full path with the drive letter (mapped to a server). I sent this to support but nothing much came out of it (not sure if it's a Revit issue or a network issue). This was causing us problems when exporting. The way I was able to fix it was to use the reload from button and navigate to the folder where my links are through the My Network Places. Once you do this, the relative vs absolute options begin to work properly. Now when I link a file, I make sure to go find the file "the long way". Then, before exporting, make those links that you want to show up in the export as Absolute.