PDA

View Full Version : ADS request Error

pconant
2004-06-14, 06:03 PM
This seems to be an unanswered issue on some of the Autodesk forms, and now one of my users has encountered it. When running a few commands he’s now getting the following error message.

<ADS request error>

From what I’ve seen, ADS is a variable request string. Anyone know what this really means and how to fix it?

All help appreciated.

mjfarrell
2004-06-14, 06:14 PM
"Error: ADS request error"
Solution

This error occurs if you use any AutoLISP code from previous release of the AutoCAD IGES Translator. The AutoCAD IGES Translator used to initialize itself using the following AutoLISP code:

(if (findfile "iges.lsp") (load "iges.lsp"))

By default, this code was placed in the acadr14.lsp file; however, if you have customized your startup routines this code may also exist in the acaddoc.lsp or acad.lsp files. In AutoCAD IGES Translator 2000, the autoloading, or initialization, is done via ARX and not through AutoLISP. As a result, if you have migrated any of your customized startup AutoLISP routines from AutoCAD R14-based products to AutoCAD 2000-based products, you may experience this problem.

To resolve this problem, simply remove this line of AutoLISP code. The next time you use IGESIN or IGESOUT, you will not receive this error message and the IGES translator should load correctly.

pconant
2004-06-14, 06:31 PM
I'll give it a look.

Thanks!

byrons
2004-10-14, 08:04 PM
help.....Obviously you use iges files. My latest crash resulted in a lose of browsing for file when using the igesin command. It now ask for file name at command line, like I'm able to remember what that file was called. I know there is a system variable for changing this back to looking for file but can not find it in any help topic. Have you had this problem before ?

pconant
2004-10-14, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately, I cannot help you on this. I think one of the company programmers cleared it up.

I'll hit him up for some info, but he's on vacation this week. Hang in there, and I'll get you anything I can from him.

byrons
2004-10-14, 08:48 PM
heeyeee..... I got around this thing. Filedia is the variable that is supposed to control the file dialog box when using file open or save. however Igesin is only available in command line. You can type in "~", tilde, when asked for file name and the dialog box does open.
While I was typing this reply the local retailer called and informed me that CMDDia was the variable for command line dialog box control.
why can't I remember this?
Thanks,
Byron

pconant
2004-10-14, 08:50 PM
You and me both.......I was still hooked on the IGES thing. Had I looked at it, I would have come up with that right off.

Got us both here.

GOOD JOB BOSS!

didier.vandewerve134039
2007-08-09, 11:01 AM
Hello, could someone help me ?

In one of my drawings, suddenly I started to get the following message in the command line when rendering my 3D drawing :

; error: Exception occured: 0xC0000005 (Access violation)
; error: ADS request error
; warning: unwind skipped on hard error
Command: _.options

After that I get the following message:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x622e3384 Exception at 63d317d9h

Exception in: C:\Program Files\Autocad 2002\AcRender.arx ARX Command
Access Violation writing 0x2e227071 at address 63DA348Bh

Thank you for your help.