PDA

View Full Version : Can't select face

mikemck
2006-09-09, 08:59 PM
I can't select the face I want to split on a wall.

I have been hitting the tab key for about an hour. I have tried different angles in a 3D view. I have tried turning on wire frame. I have tried approaching it from different edges.

The face I want to select is a profile sweep at the top of the wall. I have been able to select and split the same thing elsewhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike

dbaldacchino
2006-09-09, 11:26 PM
Something similar happened to me yesterday when trying to use the paint tool on a surface. Just select the object (while in modify mode), then isolate the object. Now use the split tool and once finished, reset the temporary hide/isolate.

mikemck
2006-09-10, 02:32 AM
Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that I can't even select it while in the modify mode. Various other faces highlight as I hit tab, but not the one I want.

Please, anyone. This really has me stuck on a rendering I need to finish.

Thanks.

Mike

dbaldacchino
2006-09-10, 03:19 AM
Do you have design options in your project? That element might be in a design option.

mikemck
2006-09-10, 03:25 AM
Nope.

Thanks for replying again.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

mikemck
2006-09-10, 03:56 AM
I gave up and created thin extrusions on the face of the wall with the material I wanted.

carlosnaranjo
2012-08-12, 05:08 PM
Is it an in place family?. try Editing the family and paint the object while in edit mode

rosskirby
2012-08-13, 01:47 PM
Open a plan view and the elevation view where you're trying to split the face. Select the wall in the plan view, then Ctrl-Tab over to the elevation view, select the eyeglasses icon at the bottom and choose Isolate element. Then try using the split-face tool.