PDA

View Full Version : new rendering

SHARRY
2004-06-14, 06:33 PM
suggestions from the wolves?

Kroke
2004-06-14, 06:45 PM
Wow, it's invisible!

Seriously, I can't see anything, did you forget to attach? I seem to do that quite a bit when sending an email.

SHARRY
2004-06-14, 06:59 PM
I guess the file size was too big before..thanks for the info luigi!

Kroke
2004-06-14, 07:01 PM
Resize it and plop it on.

luigi
2004-06-14, 07:08 PM
If you're looking for input on the rendering, then:
" HATS OFF TO YOU!!! "
Hmm... was it all done in Revit and Accurender?
Good job!

SHARRY
2004-06-14, 07:17 PM
All revit, no photoshop. Revit materials need work though...

stuntmonkee
2004-06-14, 08:06 PM
Im impressed. . looks good. I dont think your materials need work really, especialy since accurender/revit has problems making materials look very good from a distance any how.

What res did you render this at? And what are you system specs?

SHARRY
2004-06-15, 11:47 AM
Pentium 4 - 3.00 ghz
2 gig ram (2 sticks)

Presentation rendering (300 DPI)
3030x1567 pixels.

I had to bring it down to size to view on this page. Prints out quite well on 11x17.

Anybody else have anything they've done in REVIT?

luigi
2004-06-15, 06:57 PM
No judging the design - I didn't design it, it is a prototype design (and I might get in trouble if I give you my true opinions on the design).

The cool thing that I love about using revit for renderings, is that this rendering took me only 1 hour of setting it up (Camera, lights, materials, landscape, etc.) plus rendering time, once the Construction Documents were nearly completed.

(I hope the attachement will work, I will check as I post this message up)

luigi
2004-06-15, 07:01 PM
Here is even an older rendering....

luigi
2004-06-15, 07:04 PM
A bit newer rendering...this is the last one I'll post...don't worry!

stuntmonkee
2004-06-15, 08:00 PM
Anybody else have anything they've done in REVIT?

all my gallery posts have been done in revit, except fot the photo sims, they have been helped with photoshop

SHARRY
2004-06-15, 08:48 PM
I agree about being able to render the CD model in the same program. However, revit needs a much better "daylighting exterior render". If all those words make sense. I feel that the only way right now is for night or dusk renderings...

luigi
2004-06-15, 09:48 PM
:rolleyes: I am dreaming of a day when VIZ and Revit will be integrated!!!! and my great grandchildren are playing in our backyard.... :grin:

Scott D Davis
2004-06-15, 11:24 PM
and my great grandchildren are playing in our backyard.... :grin:
Can you imagine what technology will be like when we have great grandchildren??? I imagine Viz will be able to interpret our thoughts and brainwaves into a 3D holographic projection that others can walk into to 'see' the spaces.

Far out? maybe not! I can here it now "Grandson, back in MY days, we used a parametric building modeler called Revit. Our computers only had 2 gigs of Ram, and ran at 3.0 Ghz. We used copper wire to plug them into the wall to connect to the internet. The monitors were flatscreens that were 3 inches thick! We used to burn our files to compact disk!" ..... "Grandpa, whats a compact disk?"

sbrown
2004-06-16, 08:17 PM
Very nice, I do see the sky thru the road behind the building, thats a little troubling. I would like to see a greyscale version of the night shot. I think it would look really sharp.

Which water material did you choose?

SHARRY
2004-06-17, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I should put some brush in the background. For the water I used:

BMCD2AR3\bitmap\textures\water\water03\reflective

I then changed the parameters of this texture to get the ripple or disturbed effect.

Martin P
2004-06-24, 12:53 PM
Just saw this post today. very nice, impressed you did this without photoshop - though it would fix your broken background bushes much quicker than re rendering the whole thing. I put almost everything I do through photoshop, but all the images start in REVIT, if I am not putting the image through it then half of my materials are made with it. That on top of the fact that several of our large clients do not accept that Cynthia, LA Ron and a ford explorer are the only inhabitants of the planet.....

Getting the plants placed and scaled well and getting the site generally correct in Revit helps renderings a lot, not something we get to spend nearly enough time on in my office unfortunately. :( - they have really brough yours to life, we also never really get to do night scenes, I will maybe push a bit harder to do some having seen yours.