PDA

View Full Version : Extents of Drafting View

tonyisenhoff
2006-09-11, 08:47 PM
I have must have something floating out in space that's messing up the extents of my drafting view.

Can someone help me find it or what's causing this??

If you look at the view placed on the sheet, the extends are a lot larger than need be...

Thanks!

LRaiz
2006-09-11, 09:08 PM
It is your Gypsum Wallboard-Section detail family.

tonyisenhoff
2006-09-12, 01:37 AM
Thanks!

I guess some impatience got the better of me.

Graham Briggs
2006-09-12, 03:05 AM
It is your Gypsum Wallboard-Section detail family.
Leonid,

If this was the new GWB detail section released OOTB with 9.0, then the Control/Flip arrow is the problem. It wants to stay 24" from one of the ends, therefore when the detail section length is short, the Control/Flip arrow can be outside the desired extents. I modified the OOTB file, but someone at the Factory might want to change it before future releases.

Graham

LRaiz
2006-09-12, 04:28 AM
Graham,

May I suggest to communicate your insightful comments directly to someone at the Factory. I am not there any more.

Graham Briggs
2006-09-12, 07:01 AM
...I am not there any more.
Leonid,
Excuse my presumptuousness...
But, from my perspective, given your insightful vision, that is unfortunate news.
Graham

patricks
2006-09-12, 12:14 PM
Leonid,

If this was the new GWB detail section released OOTB with 9.0, then the Control/Flip arrow is the problem. It wants to stay 24" from one of the ends, therefore when the detail section length is short, the Control/Flip arrow can be outside the desired extents. I modified the OOTB file, but someone at the Factory might want to change it before future releases.

Graham

How did you fix it? Did you just move the flip arrow closer to the origin point?

tonyisenhoff
2006-09-12, 12:49 PM
Moving it closer to the origin worked for me...

Graham Briggs
2006-09-12, 05:00 PM
How did you fix it? Did you just move the flip arrow closer to the origin point?
Yes... that's it!