PDA

View Full Version : Sweeps and reveals, wrapping?

ron.sanpedro
2006-09-11, 11:49 PM
I am guessing this is just missing, but I ask hopefully. Is there any way to get a reveal or sweep to wrap at insertions like you can layers? If I have a brick layer with a sweep, and the brick turns the corner, I expect the sweep to turn as well. Anyone have an answer to this issue?

Thanks,
Gordon

Scott D Davis
2006-09-12, 12:11 AM
Click on the sweep, then find "Change Sweep Returns" in Options Bar. Change it to your desired angle, thenm click the end of the sweep. This makes the sweep "turn the corner" and adds another Grip that you can use to stretch the sweep to fill the cut opening to the depth you need.

ron.sanpedro
2006-09-12, 05:12 AM
Click on the sweep, then find "Change Sweep Returns" in Options Bar. Change it to your desired angle, thenm click the end of the sweep. This makes the sweep "turn the corner" and adds another Grip that you can use to stretch the sweep to fill the cut opening to the depth you need.

Scott, thanks for the info. We tried that, but had a problem. Imagine if you will a sweep that defines a 12" tall precast band in a brick wall. The band stands 1" proud of the brick face. When we used the above approach, it turned the corner, but the band was no longer 1" proud, it was flush with the bricks. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, imagine if you will this ban turns the corner on 100 windows. Aiii! Why can't the sweep just have a wrap option in the wall family? Babysitting all those insertions is a nightmare. Wishlist item to be sure.

Thanks,
Gordon