PDA

View Full Version : Rendered view

PeterJ
2003-06-11, 07:50 PM
And another while I am suddenly on the lookout for help.............

I am producing some rendered section using 'orient to view' in a simple 3D box. Is there a way of rendering the poched earth as a solid? Right now because it is a surface of nil thickness I see foundations etc in the distance.

I have tried a filled region over a captured rendering with no success. Do I have to photoshop it? Or should I use a trick Martin Patience favours of overlaying another viewport over the first with nowt but a filled region in it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pete

jkendsersky
2003-06-11, 09:53 PM
Peter,

Just an idea…what if you were to create a thin piece of solid geometry (inplace family) that conforms to part of the topo. surface that you are cutting? (Essentially fill in the void)

PeterJ
2003-06-11, 10:15 PM
Mmm, I wondered about this.Is there a way of doing an attach top bottom to a topo surface? 1fnot it will take a lot of modelling but not impossible. Either way its a game for tomorrow.

Pete

beegee
2003-06-11, 10:17 PM
Peter,

Personally, I think its hourses for courses.
At this point, i would photoshop it. You can then get exactly the image you want, relatively painlessly.

beegee

jkendsersky
2003-06-11, 10:24 PM
Peter,

Attach top / bottom will not work. I also agree that Photoshop is the easiest way out.

PeterJ
2003-06-12, 03:46 PM
I drew a wall and then edited the elevation profile and moved my section lines so that they are either side of the wall - Its good enough and I can make the wall any material I like but obviously this will only work for fairly straight forward topo.

I prefer to keep things inside Revit where possible just so I don't have to keep making sure files are up to date.

P