PDA

View Full Version : Unsung Change in 9.1 for Grids and Levels

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-12, 02:00 AM
Grids and levels no longer have a head and tail relationship to each other when it comes to dragging them to a new location. In the past you had to make sure you sketched them in the same direction or else you had to drag them to "flip" them over so the locks would appear. No more!! Sketch em either direction and they establish the locking relationship to other grids and levels.

bowlingbrad
2006-09-12, 12:31 PM
It's the little things, right Steve!

:beer: :beer:

Wes Macaulay
2006-09-12, 05:26 PM
I guess 99 times out of 100 this would be the desired behaviour... can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't be good? Otherwise, it is a nice change... one less thing to point out to newbies.

ron.sanpedro
2006-09-12, 06:38 PM
I guess 99 times out of 100 this would be the desired behaviour... can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't be good? Otherwise, it is a nice change... one less thing to point out to newbies.

I guess the thing that annoys me is that Sections put the head at the first pick, and grids put the head at the second pick. The change in grids is nice, and I can't imagine at this point a situation where it wouldn't be an improvment. But more consistency would perhaps be an even better improvement.

Gordon

Scott D Davis
2006-09-12, 06:41 PM
I guess the thing that annoys me is that Sections put the head at the first pick, and grids put the head at the second pick. The change in grids is nice, and I can't imagine at this point a situation where it wouldn't be an improvment. But more consistency would perhaps be an even better improvement.

Gordonsounds like your grids are "defined" with bubble 2 "ON"and bubble 1 "OFF" by default? My grids place the bubble end first.....check this in your grid properties...i found it to be "backwards" out-of-the-box.