PDA

View Full Version : Created Elements not visible message

wbs69117950
2006-09-12, 10:04 PM
I am getting the following warning while drawing walls in my Floor Plan: Basement View:

"None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: Basement View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings."

I started this using the Revit Residential Template.

I don't know enough to know how to check all the items it is listing...so, what gives?

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-12, 10:16 PM
What wall type are you sketching? Foundation wall? If so these walls draw "down" from a level, so when you sketch them you are sketching from the Basement level to below and the wall isn't visible in the view because it is underneath.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-12, 10:34 PM
I am getting the following warning while drawing walls in my Floor Plan: Basement View:

1) Are you drawing IN that view or on another view?

"None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: Basement View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings."

2) Could it possibly be that you have the appropriate workset turned off? or could you accidently be placing the walls on the wrong workset? or even check the model visibility to see if the walls are turned off...

wbs69117950
2006-09-13, 02:53 PM
What wall type are you sketching? Foundation wall? If so these walls draw "down" from a level, so when you sketch them you are sketching from the Basement level to below and the wall isn't visible in the view because it is underneath.

That is what is happening.

So, what is the correct way to draw them (foundation walls)?

Additionally, when I look at an Elevation view, why do the Elevation/Level Lines for Basement, T.O. Footing, & B.O. Footing not show (not visible)? They preselect when I float over them, but do not actually appear.

Thanks,