PDA

View Full Version : Rooms - changing from unenclosed to unplaced

sonya
2006-09-12, 11:57 PM
Is there any way of changing the properties of a room that is unenclosed unplaced?

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-13, 01:50 AM
Yes in a room schedule. If the room is still tagged then you can select the room by hovering over the tag and pressing tab once, then choose properties. If you deleted the room tag you won't be able tag it again until you place the room within a boundary

dbaldacchino
2006-09-13, 02:18 AM
The title of this post reads a bit different than the question posted. I've asked that question when upgrading to 9.0, and the answer to that is no, you cannot change it to "unplaced". It was possible in 8.1 when you would delete a tag and Revit asked you if you wanted to keep the space or delete it from the schedule. If you delete the room now, Revit won't ask you and will just delete it. So once you place a room, you cannot "unplace". I have been putting these rooms (initially in Program, then placed, then taken out of the program and thus need to be "unplaced") on a special workset and outside the building (unenclosed) so I can keep track of programmatic changes. We need the old behaviour back please!

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-13, 03:40 AM
aah, silly me, I thought they wanted to edit the properties of a room that had been dragged out of a bounding area.