PDA

View Full Version : Will Autodesk Merge Revit with AutoCAD

nsinha73
2006-09-13, 05:32 PM
Do you guys think, AutoCAD will Merge or Incorporate Revit Technology with AutoCAD some time in near future?

Justin Marchiel
2006-09-13, 05:36 PM
i dont think this will ever happen becuase autodesk is still selling acad and people are buying it. this question has been asked about adt and revit, and i think the same thing. as long as there are people buying it, why would they give it up? sure one might be better than the other, but until revit is out selling acad (by a huge margin) why would you cut off the cash stream?

The amount of people using REVIT is really small compared to the amount of poeple using acad. until these numbers get a lot closer i dont see it in the near future.

Justin

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-13, 05:39 PM
Well they are already making AutoCAD "look" a bit more like Revit and adding some features that Revit has. As for a complete merge of code, that would be technological nightmare for the programmers and not very likely.

Justin Marchiel
2006-09-13, 05:43 PM
i thin that making it look the same helps in the transition (because there is a big push to get people in revit). and anyways, why would you merge acad into revit when revit works fine without acad?

Justin

hand471037
2006-09-13, 06:07 PM
Well they are already making AutoCAD "look" a bit more like Revit and adding some features that Revit has. As for a complete merge of code, that would be technological nightmare for the programmers and not very likely.

...and there are some things showing up in Revit that seem (to me) to have been influenced by an AutoCAD/ADT spirit. Take the new Filters in R9, the multiple versions for different disciplines, or all the API changes that have happened. I see the two worlds coming more into 'harmony' with each other than one really 'taking over' the other in any way.