PDA

View Full Version : 1 DWF FILE

shaunamorain
2006-09-13, 11:43 PM
To print, I usually send my drawings to a DWF writer, where all of my sheets are in one file, so I just tell it what to print & viola- I have my set.

With Revit, I can't seem to get all of the sheets into 1 DWF file, instead, I get a separate DWF file for each drawing??? Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks!!!

greg.mcdowell
2006-09-14, 01:22 AM
First, are you exporting to DWF or printing to DWF? Not sure exactly if that's an issue or not but I now that Exporting works... and there's a checkbox in the export dialog for creating separate files for each view... just be sure it's unchecked.

Bill McLees
2006-09-14, 01:42 AM
If you use "Export to DWF," you can make a multiple sheet DWF file by unchecking "export each view or sheet as a single file." And you can then use PDF995 to make a multi-sheet PDF file (as has been mentioned on other posts.)

On the other hand, the free DWF 3.1 print driver only prints one sheet at a time. If you purchase Autodesk Design Review, you can manually combine multiple DWF files into one file.

Regardless, DWF files made from Revit seem to be much larger than DWF files made from Autocad. (I'm not including any "object export data.") For me, PDFs are almost always smaller. Not what Autodesk intended.

sbrown
2006-09-14, 12:32 PM
Whats cool is if you batch print your dwfs, even if they are sep files they will still link together as long as you print the whole set at one time. I like this better, because we often need to replace single sheets that we find errors on, so with sep. sheets you just overwrite the one you need to replace. Then when the set is truely complete you can make a single dwf using dwf composer(now Design Review)