PDA

View Full Version : Some old renderings

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-15, 01:03 PM
Here are some interior renderings we did of a townhome project that is under construction. The materials need a lot of work, but they came out ok enough for what we needed them for.

-Z

Steve_Stafford
2004-06-15, 01:45 PM
Never saw these before Z? Nice images, I can even "see" some crumbs on the floor in "The Aspen"! :-D Guess you probably didn't pay the cleaning folks? ;)

PeterJ
2004-06-15, 02:28 PM
Is this assisted living for the older or is it straight forward housing?

SHARRY
2004-06-15, 04:47 PM
those were all done in revit? Nice lighting!

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-15, 04:48 PM
Is this assisted living for the older or is it straight forward housing?
It's for senior's but not assisted living. It's part of an "Active Retirement Community" for people 55 and Up. A huge market in the US right now as baby boomers retire. Senior Housing makes up %70 of our firms work.

Scott Hopkins
2004-06-15, 06:00 PM
Excellent renderings Chris! Are those all done with only Accurender?

Yman
2004-06-15, 06:26 PM
Nice Renderings Zman.

Y

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-17, 01:33 PM
thanks for the comments guys. I also did a short "teaser" video for one of my boss's speaking engagements. It was my first stab at video production, so it was kind of weak.

You can see it by going to www.jrparch.com (http://www.jrparch.com) and clicking on Parallel Lines. It's window's media 9 and has sound.

Martin P
2004-06-17, 03:49 PM
Well presented site altogether Chris, and the video was good :) Took a while to dowload though? did you film it all as well? Looks like a very nice place you live in.

Scott D Davis
2004-06-17, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't call your video production 'weak'. I thought that was really good! How did you "pan and zoom" on the stills?

We want to do more video for interviews, but haven't got into it yet. Still using powerpoint (ughh!) here, and embedding AVIs and WAVs into it.

stuntmonkee
2004-06-17, 04:08 PM
nice site chris, I like it. Are all the projects done in revit?

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-17, 04:20 PM
Thanks guys.

Martin, The video footage is stock footage of Philadelphia that we purchased, my current DV cam is not up to the task for professional recording. And yes, it does paint the city in a good light. Sorry about the download times, I see if I can optimize it a bit more.

Scott,

We use Sony's Vegas 5 + DVD (http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/default.asp?keycode=3140-3000) for our video production, it has a wonderful pan/crop tool that very easy to use and very powerful. It's my second favorite piece of software right now ;)

If you are on a budget, you can get Vegas' little brother Sony's Screenblast Movie Studio (http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Products/ShowProduct.asp?PID=856) for $90 at CompUSA.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-17, 04:25 PM
nice site chris, I like it. Are all the projects done in revit?
thanks, yes, everything was revit except the woodbury job, that was started in 97 in autocad 14.

PeterJ
2004-06-17, 05:41 PM
Chris

Nice work, I recognise the site elements as something you have been toying with for a while from the lite swf editor you have. It's similar to the demo site you did for zoogdesign's own home page, as opposed to the forum.

The video is also very impressive. I use Adobe Premiere 5 occaisionally for trimming down video of Orla so that it can be exported to her grandparents. I don't get the slick results you do! I am particularly impressed by the pans of the stills though. Must look at what I can do in Premiere...

adegnan
2004-06-18, 01:58 AM
Here are some interior renderings we did of a townhome project that is under construction. The materials need a lot of work, but they came out ok enough for what we needed them for.

-Z
Z,

I noticed you selected yellow tones for the walls in all of them. Based on what did you make that selection? Coincidence or is that a color that works well for you in interior rendering?

I've noticed that I have a very hard time on the colors and that yellows seem to be the nicest, warmest colors overall. Any whiter tends to get cold, bluish toned and the warmer tones then start looking too dark-red or salmon-if you try to keep them light.

The contrast is great agains the white trimwork.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-18, 02:56 AM
Z,

I noticed you selected yellow tones for the walls in all of them. Based on what did you make that selection? Coincidence or is that a color that works well for you in interior rendering?

I've noticed that I have a very hard time on the colors and that yellows seem to be the nicest, warmest colors overall. Any whiter tends to get cold, bluish toned and the warmer tones then start looking too dark-red or salmon-if you try to keep them light.

The contrast is great agains the white trimwork.
Good eye, yes I do find that yellow warmish tones work well for interiors. I tend to never use white, for the reasons you mentioned. Typically, I use computer beige medium or light on the walls (under solid colors, browns and tans), and ivory matte for the whites, (trim, etc) I also use indian red dark for exterior doors a lot.