PDA

View Full Version : Rendered elevation

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-15, 01:24 PM
Nice rendered elevation effect that can be done quickly and to scale. Render elevation, export hidden line elevation drawing at same resolution, composite in photoshop.

Paul P.
2004-06-15, 01:33 PM
I'm going to give that a go. Look's very good.

Regard's, Paul.

PeterJ
2004-06-15, 02:27 PM
That's very neat, Chris. Do you swicth off surface patterns in the elevation or do you use materials with no texture to them, just flat colour?

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-15, 04:54 PM
That's very neat, Chris. Do you swicth off surface patterns in the elevation or do you use materials with no texture to them, just flat colour? Yes, I just turn of the surface patterns, then export the hidden line view. I then delete the "white" in photoshop so I am left with linework only.

Martin P
2004-06-17, 01:10 PM
Yes, I just turn of the surface patterns, then export the hidden line view. I then delete the "white" in photoshop so I am left with linework only.

Chris, Have done a couple of these photoshop effects too, if you apply a "poster edges" then a small "ocean ripple" it gets a hand drawn effect.... its is great fun to play about with - I got this invisible roof using photoshop too...

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-17, 01:26 PM
Chris, Have done a couple of these photoshop effects too, if you apply a "poster edges" then a small "ocean ripple" it gets a hand drawn effect.... its is great fun to play about with - I got this invisible roof using photoshop too...
Cool, very nice martin.

Z

stuntmonkee
2004-06-17, 04:38 PM
Good images guys. I really like the iso's martin. what did you do to get the trans roof? I have some ideas, but curious how you used it?

Martin P
2004-06-18, 07:56 AM

I exported a hidden line view to jpeg and shaded view to jpeg, one set with no roof another set with only the roof. so long as they are all exactly the same size when you paste them in on top of each other they will line up perfectly - then just make the roof layer transparent, thats it really :)

To get the effect at the edges of the shaded views, I duplicate the shaded view and apply a "photocopy" filter, then set the layer to "multiply" and 50% transparent, it just makes the shaded views less flat looking, and it is very quick one you have done a few, quicker than a rendering.

Paul P.
2004-06-18, 09:33 AM
Martin, that's really impressive, I like the look of that alot.

That's another thing I'll have to try.

Regard's, Paul.