PDA

View Full Version : Split walls appear seperate in 3-d view

dgarascia
2006-09-14, 06:51 PM
I have a wall in a building which I have split in order to control the all joins and have it appear properly in plan. Basically I created a continuous wall- split it as needed, and the inserted new walls in between the split pieces. I then rejoined all the walls using the join command. The walls are the same material and structure. It appears properly in plan. The wall seems to appear properly in elevation--except for a few areas where the brick is misshaped. However when I view the model in 3-d and print these views the walls appear broken. The surface patterns do not align properly, and the the brick surface shades differently, especially when shadows are turned on. I just want a quick shaded view with shadows for a study. thanks.

nkaremaker122169
2006-09-20, 10:45 PM
From the perspective view (not the best quality to really see what you mean), it appears that the new walls you have inserted do not look properly aligned (sometimes revit snaps can be very sensitive and cause one to make an error) and in the same vertical plane as the original walls. It looks like it is only the walls on a higher level of the building that are misaligned and therefore it appears correctly on plan. Always try to use as little a number of walls (by that I mean not splitting up walls if not really neccessary) as possible and rather attach them to objects and cut openings etc. into large portions of wall to simplify your model and you would come across less of these types of problems. For complex wall shapes in elevation you can always edit the elevation sketch of the wall by using the edit sketch button when a wall is selected

sleimgruber06
2006-09-20, 11:56 PM
I've had this problem before and this is how I've handled it:

1) The wall making appearing on the outside is as shown *See 1st Attachment*

2) I pulled back the wall and joined the two exterior walls. *See 2nd Attachment*

3) Reconnect the interior wall on the inside of the exteriors as shown. *See 3rd Attachment*

This has always worked in my situations...

Hope this helps,