PDA

View Full Version : Floor Subcategories

rkitect
2006-09-14, 07:00 PM
I'm not able to assign my floor slabs to subcategories of the 'Floors' category. IE: I made a 'Site' category for obvious reasons and was trying to put my 'floors' i used in the site in that subcategory so I could turn them off on the floor plan, but it turns out I can't assign floor slabs to subcategories. Am I missing something?

TIA,

aaronrumple
2006-09-14, 07:04 PM
You can't make categories. Only subcategories.

For what you are trying to do look at the filters feature. (Some of us still use the workset feature for this...)

archjake
2006-09-14, 07:16 PM
I've yet to use the filter feature. Perhaps I should look at it.
But, before that feature I would make the floors I wanted to turn off as an in-place floor family. If it is an in-place family you can assign the floor to a subcategory.

aaronrumple
2006-09-14, 07:26 PM
I've yet to use the filter feature. Perhaps I should look at it.
But, before that feature I would make the floors I wanted to turn off as an in-place floor family. If it is an in-place family you can assign the floor to a subcategory.
You are making it way too difficult. Filters was designed to do just what your're trying to do...

rkitect
2006-09-14, 07:31 PM
Sorry, that should have read 'Site subcategory.' I have edited the post to reflect such.

*facedesk* That's for not remembering that subcategories are for family placement... in fact *facedesk*

... yes much better.

Haven't played with filters but I think I'll look into those right quick.

TY

rkitect
2006-09-14, 07:38 PM
*facedesk*

Sorry, I felt I needed one more for not thinking of using the worksets that I've been setting up over the past 2 weeks. Today is one of those days.