PDA

View Full Version : Section Visibility

ford347
2006-09-14, 08:34 PM
Ok, so I haven't really mastered the art of knowing how my section's behave, i.e. where they show up in other views. I know they added a scale feature to them, but that doesn't help in a lot of cases since a lot of my views don't meet the scale criteria. How do I go about controlling the visibility of sections, details etc. across different views, for example, I have an interior elevation, I want to cut a detail of a door for a jamb condition, then I go back to my floor plan and there it is as a callout. I have always just selected to hide the annotation in the view, but if I could learn how to control them that would be great!!

Josh

sleimgruber06
2006-09-14, 08:51 PM
Because of Revit's mastery in Parametrics if you a place a section on level 1, that section will show up on all your other levels until later modified. You can change that by going to that section and moving the crop box. Normally all I do is 'Hide Annotation in View' because it is quick, simple, and you can always relocate that, or all your annotations that are hidden on that plan.

If you would prefer to do it another way, you could always change the visibility/graphics display by hitting the key combo ' V V or V G ' and modify it from there.

Hope this helps,