PDA

View Full Version : Quality Construction Documents

paul.meco
2006-09-14, 10:28 PM
Greetings everyone,
As a new user, I am interested to hear if anyone knows someone who has put up images from a graphically beautiful CD set on the web. When I say graphically beautiful, I mean a set that doesn't appear "flat" and has rigorous control over both the graphics and documentation. Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks

sleimgruber06
2006-09-14, 10:40 PM
Nobody that I know of has done this because of security reasons, meaning you can't have public knowledge of your building inside and out, floating around... I don't know, maybe that's just my opinion or maybe just the Industry I work in.

TroyGates
2006-09-14, 11:03 PM
Having seen many sets of documents created with Revit, I agree. Most companies do not want their documents publicly available on the internet. I think the best way to see some completed documentation is to find a local Revit Users Group. I'm sure there will be plenty of Revit users there that would show you a set or partial set of their plans.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-14, 11:19 PM
... find a local Revit Users Group. I'm sure there will be plenty of Revit users there that would show you a set or partial set of their plans.

YES! Local User Groups are great sources of information and a great opportunity to ask questions and recieve feedback from other architecture firms in your area. Search for local user groups in your area using AUGI up at the top of the page.

robert.manna
2006-09-15, 12:30 AM
Greetings everyone,
As a new user, I am interested to hear if anyone knows someone who has put up images from a graphically beautiful CD set on the web. When I say graphically beautiful, I mean a set that doesn't appear "flat" and has rigorous control over both the graphics and documentation. Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks
They are out there, and I have seen them.....

Other than that, yeah, LUG's....

-R

sbrown
2006-09-15, 01:29 AM
Send me a PM with an ftp site that I can upload to and I will send you a dwf set or 2.

Shaun v Rooyen
2006-09-15, 05:38 AM
Greetings everyone,

Here is a small example of a project we did about a year ago, with a few decent images. Just page down to Nov 15Revit Family Man blog (http://revitfamilies.blogspot.com/2005_11_01_revitfamilies_archive.html)