PDA

View Full Version : parameter used in schedule key that is a length

Justin Marchiel
2006-09-14, 10:46 PM
if you set up parameters for a room such as occupant load, occupancy, etc. and the parameter is number, text, etc. When i create a key schedule i can get the parameter to come in (i learned that shared parameters are not allowed in a key - too bad) and everything works great. i can select my schedule and from a pull down list, select the values in the key.

The problem comes when i use a length in the key. it does not become selectable from a pull down on the schedule, but does thru the room properties dialogue. it would be much more convinient to have a pull down. Is this the expected result for length parameters?

I am thinking that i should just use a number and some sort of formula to bring it into an actual length.

Opinions?

Thanks

Justin

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-09-15, 12:12 AM
If I understand what you're after you can't do it using the scheduled value. A schedule can't 'feed' a value like length to a system family it can only report it.

This is an item that has been discussed a number of times in the forum and, if implemented, would really make Revit a very powerful piece of software. I'm not certain of the exact mechanics but Revit structure allows you to change the associated level of a column in the graphic schedule and it will change the physical model to suit. As I said, I don't know if that's just driving a parameter in the column family or what's happening.

Justin Marchiel
2006-09-15, 12:43 AM
What i did was create a key that allows me to select various egress widths (ie 6.1mm/person). as i wanted to report an actual lenght (whn doing imperial such as 50") i used a length parameter. if i use a number parameter i can select from the drop down list, if i use a length, no drop down (in schedule form, but only in room properties dialogue).

I was not really looking to have revit schedule a length of a particular family item, just wanted a value that i could use to calculate a lenght.

Justin

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-09-15, 03:27 AM
If that's the case then using a number and a formula to convert to a length is the way to go.

Justin Marchiel
2006-09-15, 03:47 PM
that is what i thought.

thanks

Justin