PDA

View Full Version : Solution to rebar thickness in elevation view

tlagace
2006-09-15, 05:54 PM
I recently came across the problem of my rebar not having any thickness in elevation view, no matter what size it was. Although this will just adjust the line weight, you can apply different settings to each rebar style. Here are the steps to take.

1. Go to Setting, and Object Styles.
2. Select Structural Rebar, Go to the Modify Subcategories box, and hit New.
3. Give it an name (ex. Rebar #15M) and make sure the subcategory is Structural rebar.
4. Hit Apply and then OK.
5. Highlight desired rebar and choose Properties.
6. Go to Edit/New
7. In the Subcategory box, pull down the menu and choose the subcategory you created.

And voila, a simple walk around the fix the presentation of your rebar. Hope this helps!

Cheers

armindo
2006-10-25, 11:33 PM
I recently came across the problem of my rebar not having any thickness in elevation view, no matter what size it was. Although this will just adjust the line weight, you can apply different settings to each rebar style. Here are the steps to take.

1. Go to Setting, and Object Styles.
2. Select Structural Rebar, Go to the Modify Subcategories box, and hit New.
3. Give it an name (ex. Rebar #15M) and make sure the subcategory is Structural rebar.
4. Hit Apply and then OK.
5. Highlight desired rebar and choose Properties.
6. Go to Edit/New
7. In the Subcategory box, pull down the menu and choose the subcategory you created.

And voila, a simple walk around the fix the presentation of your rebar. Hope this helps!

Cheers

Obrigado
this is five stars tip

mvicentelo
2006-10-30, 10:22 AM
Tyler

please send some images to see how finished your rebars .

regards

Milton

TheViking
2008-05-31, 10:23 PM
Switch the view's level of detail to fine will show the bar's actual thickness in 2008 and 2009.

Steve Mintz
2008-07-29, 08:54 PM
Switch the view's level of detail to fine will show the bar's actual thickness in 2008 and 2009.

And to show a filled rebar (instead of double lines) simply use VG to override the fill pattern of structural rebar.

Peter Davies
2008-08-02, 09:48 PM
Hi, very nice work around. All I do is set detail level to fine to get the rebar thickness to display.