PDA

View Full Version : Grid lines.

kornackiph
2006-09-15, 09:24 PM
Grid lines. Ability to distinguish between new and existing grid lines that may have the same number / letter. Need existing grid lines!

simon.david
2006-10-03, 04:32 PM
Also as Revit will only allow unique Grid lines, the ability to perhaps have a extra designation for a grid. for large projects built in 1 model, you cannot have more than 1 Grid A or Grid 1 etc so a another Character above perhaps to separate as a Building designation

david_peterson
2006-10-03, 05:37 PM
Grid lines. Ability to distinguish between new and existing grid lines that may have the same number / letter. Need existing grid lines!I believe that you can set up a Phase to accomplish what you are after. You can also create a new grid bubble thats say diamond shape and apply that to your "existing" grid lines. Just a thought.

david_peterson
2006-10-03, 05:39 PM
Also as Revit will only allow unique Grid lines, the ability to perhaps have a extra designation for a grid. for large projects built in 1 model, you cannot have more than 1 Grid A or Grid 1 etc so a another Character above perhaps to separate as a Building designationIf it's a seperate building, shouldn't it be a seperate model? If it's in the same building, it should be a different grid label. Just my 2 cents. I can see your point though. I've worked on some existing buildings that every addittion started with a new grid. I had 5 grid A's in that case, but since I wasn't working in that portion of the buliding I put a lower case x in front the label to denote "Existing"

aaronrumple
2006-10-03, 05:48 PM
One option for the existing work is to make an existing grid style. this can have a different setting for the lineweight and color of the grid line. Likewise you can have a different symbol with a different shape. this won't resolve the numbering issue, but does help with the graphic look.

Grid lines don't have a phase. They probably should (as should levels.)