PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing Furniture

erik.121480
2006-09-15, 09:52 PM
Several furniture items I downloaded and placed in our model have vanished in plan view. They are visible in section, but I can no longer place visible iterations of these furniture items in plan view. I checked visibility settings--graphics, properties, etc.--tried reloading the items into the model, and reloading the model. Other furniture items have not been affected and I am able to place the affected furniture into new models.

dgraue
2006-09-15, 11:10 PM
Not all furniture in the library falls under the "Furniture" category. Some were created using other Family Categories such as the "Site" category. To check the furniture in question, go to a view where you can see the item (such as your section) and highlight it, then click on Edit Family. Once that opens, go to Settings and select Family Category and Parameters. Here you will see what Family Category the furniture is associated with and you can change it to what ever you like and reload it to your project.

DG

truevis
2006-09-16, 02:14 AM
Several furniture items I downloaded and placed in our model have vanished in plan view. They are visible in section, but I can no longer place visible iterations of these furniture items in plan view. I checked visibility settings--graphics, properties, etc.--tried reloading the items into the model, and reloading the model. Other furniture items have not been affected and I am able to place the affected furniture into new models.In the family editor, check the visibility of the parts of the family that are disappearing. Make sure it's turned on for plan/RCP.