PDA

View Full Version : Dimensioning between arcs

paullee
2006-09-18, 05:16 PM
I need to dimension BETWEEN two arcs. I don't see any tool to do this, only the radial dimensions that give the arc radius. How can do this? I am using Revit Structure 3.

Justin Marchiel
2006-09-18, 05:25 PM
you might need 2 reference planes, and dimension between them.

Justin

paullee
2006-09-18, 05:30 PM
I could use reference planes, but I have many of these dimensions and this will take a lone time. I was hoping for a quicker solution.

dbaldacchino
2006-09-18, 06:32 PM
You can use the Aligned dimension or the linear dimension tool to dimension between a line and an arc, but not between two arcs rightaway.

As I'm experimenting, I just discovered something odd....place a line anywhere and dimension from the line to an arc. Now select and drag the witness line from the line to another arc. I don't understand why it is possible to do it this way but not directly between two arcs. See posted example.

paullee
2006-09-18, 06:53 PM
Thanks David,

I tried it and it works! Shouldn't have to go round about to do this, though.

Palul

gsucci
2006-09-18, 07:14 PM
Most likely revit needs a direction. When you start dimensioning and touch a line, you are actually giving revit a direction, hortogonal to which it draws the dimension object.

In any case, Revit dimensioning needs some MAJOR re-design, and less limitations...

regards

gio

chaskett344269
2013-02-18, 03:51 PM
Linnear dimensioning works if there is a line bisecting the two archs and the center point.