PDA

View Full Version : Finished floor dilemma between phases

patricks
2006-09-18, 08:32 PM
We're doing a renovation to a building on a town square that has party walls with other buildings adjacent on both sides of it. This project is being done in 2 phases.

For the first phase, we modelled all the existing buildings in Revit, then did an interior renovation layout in the one building. We set up levels for each building's finished floor (they are different heights), as well as various other levels for different things, like canopies, tops of parapets, etc. The building's interior was gutted, and construction of this Phase 1 interior renovation is currently underway.

Now for Phase 2, we're going to put a new facade on the building, and also put in new sidewalks in front of the building. Now I just found out that during the interior renovations, a new 4" slab was poured on top of the existing floor, because of some asbestos floor tile and other problems with the existing floor.

So now the problem, right now on my front exterior elevation, I have a level for the existing floor at 0' - 0". Should I just add a new level and call it New Finished Floor and have it show 0' - 4"? Or should I move everything in the model down 4", and then make that new floor level show as 0' - 0"? That would make the existing floor level become -0' - 4" but I would probably just turn that one off in the elevation view.

I was also thinking that maybe I could make use of Relocate This Project and maybe have the existing floor level set to Shared and the new floor level set to Project. Thoughts or suggestions?

patricks
2006-09-19, 01:08 PM
okay well I Relocated Project down 4 inches, changed the existing floor level to show Shared elevation, then made a new level type showing Project for the new floor. So the elevations from the previous phase did not change, and the new floor level (the only one I will show in this release) will still show 0'-0"