PDA

View Full Version : Stretch cabinet doors so they remain equal

david.scheu
2006-09-19, 09:20 PM
I have a block of a cabinet elevation with a drawer over two doors. I'd like to be able to stretch the width of the block and have the two doors stretch along with the cabinet so that they remain equal, while keeping the door frames in proportion. I can do this with a dynamic block and two stretch parameters, but would like the doors to equalize automatically, to save time and avoid error. Is there a way to do this?

Attached is a drawing showing the original block, along with the desired result and two undesired results.

Chris.N
2006-09-20, 01:51 AM
I have a block of a cabinet elevation with a drawer over two doors. I'd like to be able to stretch the width of the block and have the two doors stretch along with the cabinet so that they remain equal, while keeping the door frames in proportion. I can do this with a dynamic block and two stretch parameters, but would like the doors to equalize automatically, to save time and avoid error. Is there a way to do this?

Attached is a drawing showing the original block, along with the desired result and two undesired results.have you checked the end of the sharing thread? there is a nice list in there, and casework elevations are in there as well. ;)

david.scheu
2006-09-20, 03:01 PM
Wow. Examining your cabinet block was extremely helpful. I learned about associating multiple actions with one parameter, as well as about increments and max/min settings. I need to spend a little more time with lookups and visibility states, but I can already see how I'll use them.

Attached is this morning's work. Thanks so much!

Opie
2006-09-20, 04:35 PM
For additional information, you might check out AUGI Training Program (http://www.augi.com/education/schedule.asp?page=292). I think someone has a Dynamic Block course (ATP 143) going on about now. :rolleyes:

Chris.N
2006-09-20, 10:09 PM
Wow. Examining your cabinet block was extremely helpful. I learned about associating multiple actions with one parameter, as well as about increments and max/min settings. I need to spend a little more time with lookups and visibility states, but I can already see how I'll use them.

Attached is this morning's work. Thanks so much!i cover lookups w/ parameters in session 3 of atp143... oh, and increments too.

Rico
2006-09-25, 02:56 PM

Attached is this morning's work. Thanks so much!
soemtimes it's the best way to learn; dissecting existing blocks.