PDA

View Full Version : Revit user's meeting in Vancouver

Wes Macaulay
2004-06-15, 10:20 PM
RELM - Revit Enthusiasts of the Lower Mainland, is meeting again.

4:00pm - 24 June 2004 at 500 - 1168 Hamilton Street, Vancouver, BC.

See www.pat.ca/relm (http://www.pat.ca/relm) for more information and instructions.

Hope to see you there!

beegee
2004-06-15, 11:02 PM
The lower mainland. Vancouver. I'm still processing that.

Joef
2004-06-16, 01:17 AM
Us folks over here on the island don't much care whether it's upper, middle or lower mainland. You still have to take the ferry.
See you there!

Joe

Wes Macaulay
2004-06-16, 02:28 PM
When I lived in Comox (on the eastern coast of Vancouver Island -- a beautiful place and we miss it immensely), the locals used to call Vancouver and the Lower Mainland "the big smoke" -- referring of course to the smog which you'd expect from a region of 2 million people who don't seem to understand the concept of carpools, or the concept that maybe SUVs don't match our enviro-conscious west coast image. Duh!

Makes me want to place large black and yellow signs along the freeways stating

SINGLE OCCUPANT COMMUTERS:
THANKS FOR WRECKING THE ENVIRONMENT

Oooh - don't get me started.

Joef
2004-06-16, 02:50 PM
Not so long ago I lived up island (not middle island, just "up") and worked in a big (1,000 ton per day)pulp mill. Talk about "Big Smoke"! I knew people who there refered to the mainland as "Canada". I'm not really certain where they thought we were living.

Joe
(lower right looking north, lower left looking south, probably just southeast )Vancouver Island

Wes Macaulay
2004-06-17, 03:07 AM
Was that Campbell River?

Ha - I always felt directionally challenged on the island - thanks to its skewed axis. I almost never knew which was north (or up, for that matter).

I always found myself surprised by the location of the sun, and I could never give people directions based on the compass: it was always by landmarks!