PDA

View Full Version : filtering problem

Doug
2006-09-20, 12:59 AM
I got a project that I just need to show the spatial arrangement of the units with stair and "Model Text" that calls out each of the areas or units.

The project is two story building with single level units, this is comprised of 12 units (6 1st floor & 6 2nd floors units with 6 stairs to the 2nd floor units

I need to show each unit location separately - In ADT I would just put each unit on a separate layer and then just turn layers off and on.

I created a mass for each area and color coded them with different material with different colors for each material (i.e. Unit # 1 has a material called Unit 1 - I changed the corresponding stair to use that Material. Each of the Unit Designation is using Model Text with the corresponding Material

How do I filter out each unit so that it can be displayed on a different sheet?

Is there a better way of doing this? I got 3 of thes building to do to compare the spatial arrangements of each of them

dhurtubise
2006-09-20, 01:27 AM
How about duplicating the view and adjusting the crop region ?

Doug
2006-09-20, 01:43 AM
The units are over each other and spread out on either the 1st or 2nd floor

dbaldacchino
2006-09-20, 02:23 AM
I'd use worksets, duplicate the views three times and set the visibility of each workset to the corresponding view.

You might be able to use filters, but it's going to be more complicated, if at all possible. You didn't mention in your post if you're using groups.....are you? You cannot control groups with filters anyway. All you could so is to save the groups out and load them into three spearate projects if you just need them for presentation or analytical purposes. My top choice is still worksets.

truevis
2006-09-20, 03:27 AM
...The project is two story building with single level units, this is comprised of 12 units (6 1st floor & 6 2nd floors units with 6 stairs to the 2nd floor units

I need to show each unit location separately - In ADT I would just put each unit on a separate layer and then just turn layers off and on.

...How do I filter out each unit so that it can be displayed on a different sheet?...Make an instance parameter for all the stuff in each unit called "unit number" or something. Make filters for that parameter, then turn the visibility on/off with the filters in each view needed.

SIMPLE.http://forums.augi.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Doug
2006-09-20, 11:09 AM
I'll try that!!! If not I guess I'am going to learn about worksets!

tomnewsom
2006-09-20, 12:26 PM
I'd just copy the view and put a solid white filled region over the bits I don't want to display. Crude, but quick :)