PDA

View Full Version : Accurender 4.0

Scott Hopkins
2004-06-15, 11:42 PM
Accurender 4.0 coming soon! I wonder how long it will take (or if at all) to get it into Revit? Let’s hope not too long. The beta version is available now – Unfortunately I don't think it will be of much use to Revit users.

http://www.accurender.com/whatisnew.htm

sjsl
2004-06-16, 12:52 AM
I hope they continue with it in Revit. I sit next to a guy who is a avid Viz user and I watch him struggle all day just to try and make a good rendering like I can w/Accurender. He thinks it's just a toy. But boy can I cream him when it comes to using the design and he can't.

But, I am sure Autodesk will kill us with the ridiculous complexity of Viz for not having to pay for AR4.

jwilhelm
2004-06-16, 05:29 PM
I also hope Revit continues with Accurender & incorporates 4.0
Accurender is way under rated. Its integration with Revit makes it
so easy to use. The only downside I can see in the long term is that
the dialog box based user interface may be somewhat obsolete when
we get hardware fast enough for real time rendering. In the mean time I vote for Accurender!

Roger Evans
2004-06-16, 06:31 PM
I'd like to vote my support for Accurender as well ~ it would be nice if it could be upgraded
but if this is not possible I would still like to keep it in its present format.

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the Wishlist ?

Cheers

Roger

mmulvey
2004-06-18, 05:41 PM
I <<used>> to love AccuRender but have been disappointed lately - much slower and produces some strange shadow artifacts that won't go away. Revit support was unable to help and I ended up with a VERY disappointed client.

AR 4.0 does sound good though - I like the use of real-world light values - it's been on my wishlist for many years.

Rendering is an incredibly powerful tool for communicationg to clients who have trouble visualizing plans/sections/elevations in 3D yet some of the stuff that has come from the major software houses has seemed very far from real-world stuff that we need - just look at the standard materials list that ships with core Adesk renderers, look at the goofy light value mechanisms, the dificulty in having both sun AND interior lighting "on" in AR.