PDA

View Full Version : Walkthrough Issues

hgrigel
2006-09-20, 03:41 PM
Has anyone had issues with Materials not displaying properly in walkthroughs? I have a material that is showing up as solid black in my walkthrough, even though it appears correctly as stone in every other view.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-20, 07:57 PM
The first thing I would do is check to make sure that the material assigned is an AccuRender material.
Secondly, I would check to make sure the properties of that material are appropriately assigned, ie: color, scale of pattern etc.

Hope this helps,

Scott D Davis
2006-09-20, 08:29 PM
Is the camera in the walkthrough too far away from the model to display the pattern correctly?

Graham Briggs
2006-09-20, 08:42 PM
Has anyone had issues with Materials not displaying properly in walkthroughs? I have a material that is showing up as solid black in my walkthrough, even though it appears correctly as stone in every other view.
Make sure any surface pattern in your materials are of the Model variety, not Drafting. If your view scale is too small, all those pattern lines/dots/dashes will tend to merge into black (from a distance).

HTH
Graham

sleimgruber06
2006-09-20, 10:34 PM
Make sure any surface pattern in your materials are of the Model variety, not Drafting. If your view scale is too small, all those pattern lines/dots/dashes will tend to merge into black (from a distance).
Graham

Yes, when the scale is too small, the pattern projected will show up as a solid black mass...