PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about shadows...

Kroke
2006-09-20, 05:00 PM
Say I have a lower and upper floor plan that I want to show some shadows on.

The lower floor plan, I want the ground plane set to the Garage FF, and the shadows to be at the default settings...

When I go to the upper to have the shadows on the Upper FF, they project to the Garage. I tried to uncheck the "per sheet" or whatever in the box, but if I do that, the shadows go to the "true North" settings.

Know what I mean?

Do I have to establish the sun angle first by place, then do it by floor or how do I accomplish this?
TIA... Kroke

luigi
2006-09-20, 05:22 PM
Say I have a lower and upper floor plan that I want to show some shadows on.

The lower floor plan, I want the ground plane set to the Garage FF, and the shadows to be at the default settings...

When I go to the upper to have the shadows on the Upper FF, they project to the Garage. I tried to uncheck the "per sheet" or whatever in the box, but if I do that, the shadows go to the "true North" settings.

Know what I mean?

Do I have to establish the sun angle first by place, then do it by floor or how do I accomplish this?
TIA... Kroke
Not completely...

are you having problems setting the floor of the shadow? or the true north (by place) vs. per view(directly)?

If you want the second floor to have shorter shadows, then create an additional Sun and Shadow Setting with the Ground Plane at the level you want and use it for the 2nd level...

Hmm...did anything I said helped? can you be more specific?