PDA

View Full Version : Remove Plan Region Border on Plan

residarchitect
2006-09-20, 05:55 PM
Is there a way to remove a plan region border from showing up in plan?

I want to show the foundation wall only for the garage portion of my basement/foundation wall plan. I have a frame wall that begins 10" above grade which is also where the garage foundation wall terminates.

Without any kind of plan region creation, I was getting the wall above the garage and
the foundation below as well as the 2 garage doors showing. I want the foundation wall line and footing only to remain.

The exterior plan region border did not show up as a line however the interior plan region border line did. I had to extend the plan region border outside the garage door track area to make the door not show up in plan. However I get these lines that I can not remove.

Your thoughts and direction would be greatly appreciated.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-20, 06:48 PM
As far as I've always been aware, you can't see plan region borders unless you hover your cursor over the plan region, however, could u possibly be using a filled region instead?

residarchitect
2006-09-20, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. No I am using View Menu>Plan Region and then drawing a
border. If you never see the Plan Region Border there must be a setting to make
it not visible. My Plan Region Border is always visible at least in this example the
inside line versus the outside line (no hover is necessary to make it visible).

designassocarch
2006-09-21, 12:04 AM
Please help me remove occasional plan region lines that want to remain visible as a solid thin line. I can not even select those lines with the linework tool to make invisible. In most instances the Plan Region Border is shown as a hidden line that is only visible when hovering over. But occasionally I get these stubborn ones that I need to know how to get rid of. I have had this issue from release 7.0 to present. I have used wide white color detail lines to paint over them but want to know a better way.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-21, 05:58 PM
Just try creating a new plan region and see if the same thing happens...
if it does, there is a setting that needs to be changed...

dhurtubise
2006-09-21, 08:16 PM
Let me ask a stupid question, would F5 get you rid of them ?

Please help me remove occasional plan region lines that want to remain visible as a solid thin line. I can not even select those lines with the linework tool to make invisible. In most instances the Plan Region Border is shown as a hidden line that is only visible when hovering over. But occasionally I get these stubborn ones that I need to know how to get rid of. I have had this issue from release 7.0 to present. I have used wide white color detail lines to paint over them but want to know a better way.

luigi
2006-09-21, 08:48 PM
I wish I can see the file in question...it just sounds weird...are you sure that those permanent solid lines are the plan region border and not the floor or roof above or below? If you make the plan region Cut Line between a floor, roof, or ceiling, it will show up as if it is cutting that object, thush showing the dark solid lines that cannot be selected to make invisible....

I would upload that file (or a portion of it) for someone to look at it....until then, there is too much speculation...

Hope this helps...

luigi
2006-09-21, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the reply. No I am using View Menu>Plan Region and then drawing a
border. If you never see the Plan Region Border there must be a setting to make
it not visible. My Plan Region Border is always visible at least in this example the
inside line versus the outside line (no hover is necessary to make it visible).Is the plan region boundary/edge on:
1. an edge of a wall, roof, ceiling, or
2. at a cut plane intersecting a floor or ceiling or roof

Thanks,

PS in your image below, it looks like it could be cutting the floor above....BTW, why do you have a plan region in that location?

jjjordano
2016-07-14, 05:51 PM
You can control the line type through the project Object Styles Dialog. You can't set line Pattern to "Invisible Lines," but you could make it white, or something that is less obvious in the drawing... like changing the Line Pattern to something like "Dot."
The other way (and better in my opinion) is to control the visibility of Area plans in your Visibility/Graphic Overrides settings. Go to the Annotation Categories and look for Plan Region. If you turn the visibility off, the plan Regions lines will disappear, but the regions will still work in your view.

fjtdogeno
2016-07-19, 06:40 AM
You can control the line type through the project Object Styles Dialog. You can't set line Pattern to "Invisible Lines," but you could make it white, or something that is less obvious in the drawing... like changing the Line Pattern to something like "Dot."
The other way (and better in my opinion) is to control the visibility of Area plans in your Visibility/Graphic Overrides settings. Go to the Annotation Categories and look for Plan Region. If you turn the visibility off, the plan Regions lines will disappear, but the regions will still work in your view.

you can go to "VG">select "Annotation Categories" tab >scroll down to "Plan Region" > select Projection Surface/Lines and override the color to WHITE

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a way to remove a plan region border from showing up in plan?

I want to show the foundation wall only for the garage portion of my basement/foundation wall plan. I have a frame wall that begins 10" above grade which is also where the garage foundation wall terminates.

Without any kind of plan region creation, I was getting the wall above the garage and
the foundation below as well as the 2 garage doors showing. I want the foundation wall line and footing only to remain.

The exterior plan region border did not show up as a line however the interior plan region border line did. I had to extend the plan region border outside the garage door track area to make the door not show up in plan. However I get these lines that I can not remove.

Your thoughts and direction would be greatly appreciated.

you can go to "VG">select "Annotation Categories" tab >scroll down to "Plan Region" > select Projection Surface/Lines and override the color to WHITE