PDA

View Full Version : Reload Linked CAD files in 9.1

mibzim
2006-09-21, 12:57 AM
I have a couple of files that will NOT reload no matter what i do!!?

I have modified the CAD file (consultants drawing) but it just wont update when i click reload. I try 'reload from' and choose a different file with a different name, and it changes the name of the file in the manage links menu but not the actual files in the project!! If i unload the files and then try to reload them they will not reload, even when i choose 'reload from'.

I have these drawings in a couple of views with different layers turned on and off, so it would be a hassle to remove the links and create a new link. I would have to go and find every view i have the CAD drawings in and reset the visibility settings.

I have shared coordinates for two of the linked CAD files but not the other two, but they all behave the same.

Also, before i used shared coordinates revit would report a N.E Coordinate but when exported the CAD file would not report this same coordinate. Is this usual?

Can anyone help?

Wes Macaulay
2006-09-21, 09:43 AM
If you geniunely think this is a problem unique to 9.1 then I would suggest you file a support request on it so this bug can get zapped!

Cheers

sleimgruber06
2006-09-21, 06:03 PM
If you geniunely think this is a problem unique to 9.1 then I would suggest you file a support request on it so this bug can get zapped!

Cheers

YES! I completely agree with Wes here, this does sound like a V9.1 issue, and i have never heard of this problem either, so your best bet would be to file a descriptive 9.1 support request.

Good luck,

dhurtubise
2006-09-21, 08:18 PM
Could you import them instead of linking them ? As for layer settings, save your view as a view template and relink. Then reapply the view template.
Also try in a blank project to see if it might be a dwg issue

sleimgruber06
2006-09-21, 08:24 PM
Could you import them instead of linking them ? . . .

Linking them in might be a possibility, in fact that should work, the only problem with that situation is everytime you want to update the link, you must relocate the link in your central .rvt file...