PDA

View Full Version : Wall Cut Pat. overides Column Cut Pat.?

nnguyen
2006-09-21, 01:09 AM
I have a graphical question. For some reason when my conc. blk. wall touches my concrete column, the wall pattern overrides my column pattern. I tried disallow join, but that doesn't work. I thought it was a little glitch with Revit that once i closed out of the project and re-opened it, that it would go away. I want to be able to see the concrete column cut pattern. any suggestions?

i have attached two images to show what I am talking about. the 1st one is what Revit is currently showing. the 2nd is what I would like Revit to show. (but with the wall touching the column).

Kaotik
2006-09-21, 01:27 AM
I'm not sure of the actual answer but I know one way to work around it is to use a filled region with the concrete pattern applied over the top of the column. It will get the job done at least for now until I can figure out how to solve the problem correctly.

nnguyen
2006-09-21, 01:44 AM
I was hoping to avoid that because that situation occurrs more than i like to count. but yeah, i thought of that as a last resort. but thanks for the suggestion and the continued effort to find a solution!

luigi
2006-09-21, 03:02 AM
Hmm...what happens when you use the "disjoin" tool and click on the column and then the wall?

come back with good news...

:)

I have a graphical question. For some reason when my conc. blk. wall touches my concrete column, the wall pattern overrides my column pattern. I tried disallow join, but that doesn't work. I thought it was a little glitch with Revit that once i closed out of the project and re-opened it, that it would go away. I want to be able to see the concrete column cut pattern. any suggestions?

i have attached two images to show what I am talking about. the 1st one is what Revit is currently showing. the 2nd is what I would like Revit to show. (but with the wall touching the column).

Shaun v Rooyen
2006-09-21, 04:50 AM

Use Structural columns!
Columns from the modeling tool bar will take on the properties of any intersecting geometry.

aliya14
2006-09-21, 07:53 AM
Are you using a column from the modelling tab then this is a problem that it merges with the intersecting object, try using the column from the structural tab choosing the required material (concrete )etc.

Regards,
Aliya

nnguyen
2006-09-21, 03:59 PM
That worked! Thanks!