PDA

View Full Version : 3D Objects do not update when using View command

Detsenira
2006-09-21, 03:07 PM
Hi to all,

I notice when I change the view on one of my drawing the object is not responding looks like it was stuck to top view or maybe I turn-off something which I can't figure out, but I notice the UCS icon and the Cursor was responding accordingly. But never happened to my other 3D files.

Any clue is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted
(Auto-CAD 2007 user)

jaberwok
2006-09-21, 08:08 PM
Ted, are you saying that the Ucs icon and cursor are changing with the view but the view of the drawing objects isn't changing?

Detsenira
2006-09-21, 10:30 PM
HI John,

Thank you for your response. Yes! While I am changing the view just the position of cursor and the UCS icon respond to all 3D command views while the 3D-drawing object locks-in to top view position.

I finally figure out where the problem start, when I attached x-ref file taken from a file drawing converted from Catia program into a dwg format. Do you think there is a missing link during conversion process from Catia to dwg format? Or is there a limitation in terms of compatibility between Auto CAD program to accept foreign entities created from another program? Additional information find out that the converted drawing file mentioned looks perfect in top view and notice some properties such as scale, units, drawing limits, etc. are all match to the host drawing, except an unusual characteristic of the drawing that you cannot see any of the entities when you look in all 3D views position except top
view.

Any other clues are very much appreciated.

Ted

Wanderer
2006-09-22, 12:01 AM
Hi Ted,
I'm going to move this thread from the Autocad 3D Pre2007 forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here. Thank you.
Hi to all,

I notice when I change the view on one of my drawing the object is not responding looks like it was stuck to top view or maybe I turn-off something which I can't figure out, but I notice the UCS icon and the Cursor was responding accordingly. But never happened to my other 3D files.

Any clue is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted
(Auto-CAD 2007 user)

jaberwok
2006-09-22, 12:05 PM
Hi Ted.
sorry, I have no experience of converting Catia > AutoCAD. It does sound as though, maybe, only a 2d translation has been made. Is it possible to contact whoever did the conversion?

Detsenira
2006-09-26, 10:40 PM
Thank you all for your support and I contacted the person who sent me the Catia file converted to dwg per John's advice.

They told me that the file is originally Catia 3D and they converted it using a 2D converter and they believed that there is still hidden 3D object hanging somewhere in the space environment or possibly there is some error on the conversion process.

I don't have to worry for now the solution is to totally detached subject bad file.

Thanks,

Ted