PDA

View Full Version : Image at different levels

jspartz
2006-09-21, 04:08 PM
Is there a way to get an image to show up on multiple levels of the building without importing it at each level?

luigi
2006-09-21, 04:24 PM
Is there a way to get an image to show up on multiple levels of the building without importing it at each level?hmm...how about copy it to clipboard (CTRL-C) and then Pasting it into all the plans at once?

1. Ctrl-C from plan
2. Edit/Paste Aligned/Select Views by Name/

Just select multiple views using shift or ctrl or by dragging...

enjoy...

sleimgruber06
2006-09-21, 06:31 PM
hmm...how about copy it to clipboard (CTRL-C) and then Pasting it into all the plans at once?

1. Ctrl-C from plan
2. Edit/Paste Aligned/Select Views by Name/

Just select multiple views using shift or ctrl or by dragging...

enjoy...

Couldn't have put it any better... If I might add, thats one problem I find with Revit, is with imported dwg's they show up EVERYWHERE! You have to go to each and every single view and turn it off if it is unwanted in those views, and vis-versa with images you place in, they do not have the parametrics like the dwgs... just food for thought I suppose...or venting frustration! 8)

michael.deorsey
2006-09-21, 06:42 PM
For the image, as far as I know, you have to copy and paste. For imported CAD formats, there is an option when you import, to show the import in "current view only". The option is on the import dialogue, left side under the link option.

luigi
2006-09-21, 08:44 PM
Couldn't have put it any better... If I might add, thats one problem I find with Revit, is with imported dwg's they show up EVERYWHERE! You have to go to each and every single view and turn it off if it is unwanted in those views, and vis-versa with images you place in, they do not have the parametrics like the dwgs... just food for thought I suppose...or venting frustration! 8)You don't have to put acad drawings everywhere...you can place it in "current" instead(at the moment before you link it or import it), then you can copy clip to various views if you want the cad drawing in some views not all....

sleimgruber06
2006-09-21, 10:56 PM
You don't have to put acad drawings everywhere...you can place it in "current" instead(at the moment before you link it or import it), then you can copy clip to various views if you want the cad drawing in some views not all....

Well when you have a structural layout given to you by a consultant and you need it on more than just the current view you're in, you're pretty much screwed as far as I'm concerned... Revit should have a "Select Views" for when you're placing dwg links because doing the copy, paste aligned to EACH and EVERY single view, it just takes up to much effort and man time, ecspecially when you're project has approximately 500 different sheets...

luigi
2006-09-22, 12:03 AM
Well when you have a structural layout given to you by a consultant and you need it on more than just the current view you're in, you're pretty much screwed as far as I'm concerned... Revit should have a "Select Views" for when you're placing dwg links because doing the copy, paste aligned to EACH and EVERY single view, it just takes up to much effort and man time, ecspecially when you're project has approximately 500 different sheets...
I m typing w/1 hand(d other holding my newborn) :)

you can paste....once into 500 levels the way I explained below....

:)

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-09-22, 01:12 AM
Well when you have a structural layout given to you by a consultant and you need it on more than just the current view you're in, you're pretty much screwed as far as I'm concerned...
Just thinking out loud here...
if you create a level, name it DWG IMPORT and link your structural layout on that level you can then use it as an underlay on all the levels it is required.

Revit should have a "Select Views" for when you're placing dwg links because doing the copy, paste aligned to EACH and EVERY single view, it just takes up to much effort and man time, ecspecially when you're project has approximately 500 different sheets...
I'd like to see this as one more column in the manage links dialogue. A drop down list of views available with a check box for each

jspartz
2006-09-22, 03:02 PM
I actually tried your underlay idea with an image, but the image doesn't come through with the underlay. I wish it did. But thanks for the idea with the imported drawing.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-09-22, 03:44 PM
jspartz,

I was responding to Seth's post more than the original 'image' question. Revit does need a little work in the image handling department and I'm sure, as the sotfware develops, more features and abilities will be added.

What's the need for having the same image in a variety of views?