PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Schematic Home Runs

wallen
2006-09-21, 05:02 PM
The Tool Palette has a Home Run (curved line with arrow head) but it can only be inserted to an object. For a simple schematic drawing there is no simple way to add the home run symbol and text. The leader command places the text at the base of the arrow, but electrically we want the text at the head of the arrow.

Any suggestions?

dkoch
2006-09-21, 11:32 PM
The Tool Palette has a Home Run (curved line with arrow head) but it can only be inserted to an object. For a simple schematic drawing there is no simple way to add the home run symbol and text. The leader command places the text at the base of the arrow, but electrically we want the text at the head of the arrow.

Any suggestions?
Pardon my ignorance of ABS, but could you not create a custom object of some type that would accept the Home Run annotation but which had all of its graphics set to be non-plottable [and which would be excluded from any scheduling, calculations, etc, should your simple schematic drawing ever receive any sort of treatment like that]?

I realize that results in a two-step process, but unless someone else who actually uses ABS and is familiar with the Home Run annotation can provide a better way, perhaps that workaround will do. You could always just create an attributed block with the desired graphics, if all you need are the graphics.

stelthorst
2006-09-22, 02:55 PM
This may be too simplistic but what I do in your situation is use the leader command but I start the leader where I want the arrow to be and end it at my device. I don't use the leader annotation but instead just add text for the annotation.