PDA

View Full Version : Detail display of Phasing

gwnelson
2006-09-21, 05:45 PM
I think I've seen this but can't relocate -
How do I control the level of detail in a "show all" phase filter such that new construction has hatched walls (as in medium display level) while existing only has coarse level graphic display? I want the global detail level set to "medium".
Having spent the last 30 minutes playing with it it's time to move along and actually get something done.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-21, 06:07 PM
I think I've seen this but can't relocate -
How do I control the level of detail in a "show all" phase filter such that new construction has hatched walls (as in medium display level) while existing only has coarse level graphic display? I want the global detail level set to "medium".
Having spent the last 30 minutes playing with it it's time to move along and actually get something done.

Just toggling with the 'Detail' button in the bottom left doesn't work?

gwnelson
2006-09-21, 06:13 PM
nah, everything goes to medium. I don't want existing walls displayed as hatched.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-21, 06:20 PM
hmm, well I looked under Visibility Properties and Visibility Graphics and from my point of view it doesn't quite look like you're able to do this yet..

My suggestion would be to repost this in the "Wish List" forums and see if anyone else knows of this command...

Hope this helps,

michael.deorsey
2006-09-21, 07:40 PM
All very possible now. You need to use the graphic overrides in the phase dialogue, and make sure that the view is using a phase filter that you have defined the existing phase to be overridden in.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-21, 07:52 PM
All very possible now. You need to use the graphic overrides in the phase dialogue, and make sure that the view is using a phase filter that you have defined the existing phase to be overridden in.

Yes, but he wants to 'Show All' as the phase selection... or does that not matter?

dhurtubise
2006-09-21, 08:04 PM
Graphic override doesnt control Level of detail.

gwnelson
2006-09-21, 08:09 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm finding. Filters, Phases, Objext Styles - none want to make the distinction between new & existing. The obvious workaround would be to create a separate wall type, but I don't think that I'm that anal.

dhurtubise
2006-09-21, 08:12 PM
We don't make a big deal out of having our existing stuff shown as core detail. You get use to it, plus it's so much easier to manage then .dwg :-)

michael.deorsey
2006-09-22, 12:36 PM
It correct that you can't control the level of detail per se with the phase graphic overrides, unless you are looking for a course level of detail, then you can. Because the course level of detail is only the wall faces with some hatch filling filling the wall, and that is the level of control that you have for the graphic overrides, basically what you can control at the level of the material.

Of course to make all this work, you have to have you existing elements tagged in their properties as existing.

Hope this helps.
Mike

gwnelson
2006-09-22, 02:09 PM
What I would like to see is all new walls hatched & existing just simple outlines, if I didn't explain myself clearly. And it sounds like I would have to create 2 wall types, redefining the construction of the existing to be plain vanilla boundaries & no materials or hatching applied. Right?

michael.deorsey
2006-09-22, 02:27 PM
You should be able to do this through phasing, it just means that in the graphic overrides section, where you define what your existing wall material is, you want to make that material not have a hatch for the cut pattern. That should give you what you are looking for.