PDA

View Full Version : I need a good curtain wall tutorial please ! :D

j_starko
2006-09-22, 03:04 PM
Hi,

I'm making a revit drawing from an autocad underlay and I'm sortof of struggling with the curtain wall components . I have played with the revit tutorial included with revit9.1 , in the basic part . I still don't have a full understanding of how to set up the verticle mullions and the window panels to match those of the underlay drawing .

Does anyone have any suggestions ?? I've only been using revit for 2 weeks now, and so far soo good !

thanks.

Justin Marchiel
2006-09-22, 03:13 PM
under the modeling tab there is a curtain grid tool that you can add grids to your curtain wall. from there you could align them to the autocadd file (you would have to create a curtain wall with no preset grid to make this quicker).

Hope this is what you are looking for

Justin

j_starko
2006-09-22, 03:49 PM
I just started to play with that . so far it looks like what i'm doing is just making the mullions, and not adding the glass panels that i ohhhh sooooo desire. oh the leanring curve with revit .

it's better then autocad ! i think :P

Justin Marchiel
2006-09-22, 04:28 PM
Start with a curtain wall that has your glass panels first. Then try adding the grids. you can appliy mullions to the grid, so this allows you to make hor or vert grids and this will just divided up your glass panels.

Justin

DanielleAnderson
2006-09-22, 04:52 PM
Hi,

I'm making a revit drawing from an autocad underlay and I'm sortof of struggling with the curtain wall components . I have played with the revit tutorial included with revit9.1 , in the basic part . I still don't have a full understanding of how to set up the verticle mullions and the window panels to match those of the underlay drawing .

Does anyone have any suggestions ?? I've only been using revit for 2 weeks now, and so far soo good !

thanks.

This is probably my favorite Revit tool. Using the curtain wall tool, you can make some pretty amazing and complex walls, not just out of glass, but you can also create brick patterns or precast systems. What specifically do you need help with?

j_starko
2006-09-22, 05:28 PM
i'm " revitizing" a cad drawing . and there are a couple of curtain wall sections . the fun part is that the curtain walls aren't a consistant pattern , either with itself or with the other ones. they are straight tho , I think i'd be pulling out my hair if it was a curved wall !

i'm making some progress using that tool . I've got the glass panels in place, and i'm just messing around with the mullions now . looks ok when i put it into 3D

thanks for your help so far , It's making more sense now

DanielleAnderson
2006-09-22, 05:50 PM
i'm " revitizing" a cad drawing . and there are a couple of curtain wall sections . the fun part is that the curtain walls aren't a consistant pattern , either with itself or with the other ones. they are straight tho , I think i'd be pulling out my hair if it was a curved wall !

i'm making some progress using that tool . I've got the glass panels in place, and i'm just messing around with the mullions now . looks ok when i put it into 3D

thanks for your help so far , It's making more sense now

Good. 8) It's a powerful tool that can make your model look very impressive. Curved walls aren't bad. Just remember that Revit wants the glass to be flat/straight, so when you draw a curtain wall using an arc, you have to add vertical curtain grids to get the wall to follow the curve you have drawn.