PDA

View Full Version : Linked Project Visibility

davidcobi
2006-09-22, 04:28 PM
When we link a project into a new project file and adjust VG settings it looks like door and window tags from the linked project show but Room Tags and plan regions don't.

david.fannon
2006-09-22, 06:11 PM
Which version are you using? There are much better controls for linked project visibility in version 9. There are several posts related to this issue, including:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=44906&highlight=linked+project+visibility

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-22, 06:23 PM
David,

It seems that sometimes you must override both the Parent listing for the linked file as well as the Child listing for the actual instance of the linked file. When you place multiple copies of a linked file you get a Child listed for each instance of the linked file. You get one hild for the first copy...try overriding the settings in both the Parent and Child. I'm not satisfied that this is working properly in all cases...see what you find.

davidcobi
2006-09-22, 10:49 PM
Strange... I placed 4 walls and a room in the child project and loaded it into a parent project. I then override Display Settings in VG to set the linked view but nothing happens... until I close the parent file and reopen it or unless I reload the child project in Manage Links. We are still running 9.0 and probably won't upgrade til 10 comes out.