PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Sketch Mode

BMcCallum
2006-09-22, 05:51 PM
One of users is stuck in sketch mode. He was modifying a building pad, but now just wants to exit without saving the change. Clicking Finish Sketch stalls on 100% for some time, then returns with an error, requiring an editing request from another user.

Clicking Quit Sketch does nothing.

Any suggestions?

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-22, 06:20 PM
Hopefully you have resolved this by now. If not, try deleting all the sketch linework in the view, then Quit Sketch. I have been stuck in sketch mode a few times and I've not narrowed it down to Revit or Windows. Ultimately I find that if I click another command that is available as part of the sketch mode I can get "unstuck". For example clicking Trim will refocus Revit on a different task and that has permitted me to then Quit or Finish my sketch.

Good Luck , let us know how you resolve it. Submit a support request too so they can watch out for the issue and track down any cause there might be.

BMcCallum
2006-09-22, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. He hadn't made any other changes since the last STC, so I just closed the file without saving and created a new local.

I tried other commands (dimension, ref plane, etc) then Finish/Quit again, no luck. Same with erasing the linework of the whole pad. Same, no result.

I will post the support request.