PDA

View Full Version : Even quicker Visibilty Graphics Key Stroke

Henry D
2003-06-12, 08:48 PM
If you hold down the letter "V" the Visibilty Graphics dialogue Box will appear without having to type "VG". Saves .25 seconds but if you work in Revit for the rest of your life you will save enough time to....

hand471037
2003-06-12, 08:52 PM
I think that's because 'VV' is also a shortcut for that window, and by holding down V, it's auto-repeating, typing VV and bringing up the same window. I use VV; I didn't even know that 'VG' worked too...

bclarch
2003-06-13, 01:46 PM
I didn't even know that 'VG' worked too...

I find keyboard shortcuts very useful. I have posted a request in the Wishlist forum requesting that a printable version be included in the help file. In the meantime, I have extracted the shortcuts from the keyboard shortcut control file that comes w/ Revit for my own use. I sorted the file alphabetically by the desired action (align AL, array AR...). I keep a printout at my desk for quick reference and find that it really helps. I am attaching a zip file with 3 versions of the file. We work in Lotus WordPro so there is a native version in that format. I have also included a version saved using the latest MS Word export filter that we have (only MS Word 97 I'm afraid). I'm assuming that current versions of MS Word can open legacy formats. If not, I am also including a text version. The text version does not export to a table which makes it a little harder to find things quickly but the data is all there. The data could be cut and pasted with minimal effort or edited into a comma delimited file that could then be imported.

beegee
2003-06-13, 11:38 PM
I didn't even know that 'VG' worked too...

I find keyboard shortcuts very useful. I have posted a request in the Wishlist forum requesting that a printable version be included in the help file. In the meantime, I have extracted the shortcuts from the keyboard shortcut control file that comes w/ Revit for my own use. .

Great work,
Thanks for your trouble.

beegee