PDA

View Full Version : Area Plans and Data, plus Stair Tagging

Maximillian
2006-09-24, 06:00 PM
Hello, This is my first post and I am working on my first live Revit project!

I would like find the Area of my site boundaries and subtract that from the Area of my setbacks to find the buildable area. I Have tried area plans but I am missing something.

More importantly I need a schedule that will show the total 1st floor square footage and the total 2nd floor square footage then total that at the bottom of the schedule.

Also while I am on the subject of automatic data display. Is there a way to show the stair calcs on the floorplan?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-09-24, 08:03 PM
I would like find the Area of my site boundaries and subtract that from the Area of my setbacks to find the buildable area. I Have tried area plans but I am missing something.
You could use area plans for that but a closed property line boundary created using the Property Line tools on the Site tab of the design bar will have an area associated with it. If you create your setbacks as PL's then you can find those areas. Since it's just one calcualtion it's hardly worth scheduling this.

More importantly I need a schedule that will show the total 1st floor square footage and the total 2nd floor square footage then total that at the bottom of the schedule. .
Use area plans and schedules for this. If you want to find a pre-formatted schedule you can find one in most of the template files. As for getting totals and sub-totals, check the tutorials for a little help. If you still get stuck post again and I'm sure we can help out.

Also while I am on the subject of automatic data display. Is there a way to show the stair calcs on the floorplan? .
Do you mean having the stair arrow showing "xx risers @ xx dim" ? Not automatically but you can alter the text on the up or down arrow.

Good luck and welcome to the Revit world. Remember, when you get frustrated and more cowbell just won't do it, come back here and we'll try to help :beer:

Scott D Davis
2006-09-24, 08:13 PM
Do you mean having the stair arrow showing "xx risers @ xx dim" ? Not automatically but you can alter the text on the up or down arrow.
You can do this. There is a Stair Tag that will report X risers @ X", and its automatic and parametric. See \Imperial Library\Annotations\Architectural\Stair tag.RFA

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-09-24, 08:15 PM
Ahh, a TAG...Thanks Scott. I knew I should have qualified that one by saying "not that I'm aware of"
I should follow my own advice sometimes and spend some time exploring the libraries a bit more