PDA

View Full Version : V9.1 Filled region not hiding DWG text

Daniel Chapman
2006-09-25, 11:40 AM
I upgraded to 9.1 this morning and have discovered a problem. I usually import a dwg survey into the site view for my proposed site plan. In the view, I used to be able to put a white, solid fill, opaque filled region over certain areas to hide them. EGA. Trees or outbuildings that are going to be demolished. I found today that in 9.1 it will hide the lines but not the text. The dwg is set to background and I hit bring to front on the filled region. Anyone had this problem and gotten around it? I have tinkered with exploding the dwg but the text always seems to go huge and some lines disappear. Visibility is also grayed out so I dont seem to have the option of turning off unwanted layers. Any help there appreciated too.

rjcrowther
2006-09-25, 12:19 PM
Yes, I get only the lines hidden as well.

Depending on how specific you want to be on hiding text:
1. Select the imported file (it turns red)
2. Select the query button in the options bar
3. Select a text element you want hidden.
4. Import instance query box appears
5. Select the hide in view button.

This will hide a layer but won't turn off individual text notes. It works if the Surveyor's draftee uses different layers for heights, angles, boundary lengths, etc.

Rob

sbrown
2006-09-25, 02:09 PM
I believe it has allways been this way that text is allways on top of filled regions. So your only option is to delete the text layer or the text from the dwg. Note you could make a wblock of the text layer, import and explode only that, converting the text to revit so you can do whatever you want with it.

Daniel Chapman
2006-09-25, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Would it be a scale issue perhaps that is causing the text to go haywire when i try and explode it?

sbrown
2006-09-25, 05:24 PM
I'm not sure unless it had a width factor, then when exploded it loses that. I would just select all the text after it has been exploded and change it to a revit text style.