PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Patterns in 3D view

Damo
2004-06-16, 04:24 PM
I downloaded a RUGI pattern for the surface of some Paving. In the Material’s dialogue box I used the imported pattern as the Surface Pattern. (However, I was not able to import it as a ‘Model’ surface pattern, I had to import it as a ‘Drafting’ pattern. May or may not be relevant, - Materials dialogue box Surface Pattern now states “Patio4[Drafting]”).

This all seemed to work fine in my plan views, but in 3D view the pattern is orientated parallel to the viewer at all times. Rotate the 3D view and the pattern stays the same relative to the viewer.

Should this be happening, or is there some way to ‘lock’ the pattern?

Allen Lacy
2004-06-16, 04:42 PM
You can change drafting patterns to model patterns. Model patterns can made to behave on model sufaces like you want. This link will help you out:

http://revit.autodesk.com/pillar/custserv/web/service/support_4.0/faq_navigator/right3.asp?id=1-YLJ0

Damo
2004-06-17, 01:20 PM
You can change drafting patterns to model patterns. Model patterns can made to behave on model sufaces like you want. This link will help you out
Thanks Allen, this worked a treat.
Have a Green Square on me (I still don't know what they are for) ;-)

Steve_Stafford
2004-06-17, 02:03 PM
...Have a Green Square on me (I still don't know what they are for) ;-)Heard of "mood rings"...a funny product in the, what? 70's? Think of the dots as a collective mood ring of those "around" you in the forum. If you bring me down I can add a negative to your profile as well as an "attaboy" if you're brilliant. Any user can but a limited number of times during a day and there are limits to doing it to one member (no flaming a reputation rating). Read the FAQ on em. If you want to see who contributed, check your Control Panel, they are listed at the bottom half of the screen. HTH

Damo
2004-06-17, 03:16 PM
Hmmmmm. Some day I too will have 11 Greenies