PDA

View Full Version : Screwed Up template

raddis
2006-09-25, 08:29 PM
Ok, I have no idea how I screwed this up, but I need to unscrew it.
My template file originally had just two levels in it. After copying and pasting some drafting information into a drafting view from a different project, there was a "Site" level added under Floor Plans only.
I've deleted that, but now when I create a new "offset" level in an elevation view, it labels it Level 4, while calling it Level 3 in Floor Plan and Ceiling Plan views. What did I screw up.

Also, when I dragged views onto sheets, it used to automatically label them with my customized View Title. Now I get no title. I check the Visibility Graphics for view titles and it seems to look fine, all annotation is checked on. If I try to right click on the GA_View Title w Sheet and create an instance, I get the error message "Can't create this kind of element in this view in the current mode". What does this mean?

See attached files.

raddis
2006-09-26, 01:34 PM
Partially figured out the View title issue.
When I added the Partition Sheet to the project template I turned off the View title for that sheet. At least I thought I did. I think I turned it off instead for the System Family: Viewport.
Setting "Show Tile to Yes" solves that problem.

dhurtubise
2006-09-26, 03:48 PM
Open default.rte, purge everything, then use Transfer Project Standards to get your stuff back in it

raddis
2006-09-26, 05:51 PM
And from Autodesk support:

"It looks like there was another level placed at one point that is causing the numbering to go out of sequence. Perhaps it is related to the site level you were speaking about. I have attached a fixed copy of the template that is numbering levels correctly. What I did to fix this was rename level 2 to some other number and then name it back to level 2. This resets the numbering sequence so when you place the next level it number as level 3 like you want it to. "

So, once you start adding then deleting levels, it appears to need to "reset" the last one to restart the correct number sequencing.

So MUCH too learn, so little time!