PDA

View Full Version : Woof Pattern

beegee
2003-06-12, 10:13 PM
I have two tiled roofs at 90 degrees to each other. Material is set to show horizontal line pattern. This works well in elevation ... but fails in plan because the pattern stays orientated the one way. (See Attached )

Possible workarounds :-

1. Turn off pattern in plan and use filled areas.
I dont favour this as the roofs could still chage during the design phase.

2. Paint on a different material in plan. ( Set up a new roof material to have the correct fill pattern for one of the roofs )
This may be the simplist solution, since it leaves the elevations intact.

Any other thoughts ?

It would be useful if there was a model pattern for woofs, both tiled and metal, so that the plans and elevations did not require this sort of modification.

beegee

jkendsersky
2003-06-12, 10:30 PM
The pattern assigned to your roof is it a model or drafting pattern?

Drafting patterns are patterns that scale and orient by view, so vertical drafting pattern should be vertical in all views

Model patterns are used when the pattern is to be oriented together with model.

beegee
2003-06-13, 12:50 AM
The pattern assigned to the roof material ( tile ) is " horizontal ", which presumably is a drafting pattern.

There were no model patterns identified in the materials drop down list.

Do I download or make one ?

beegee

Steve_Stafford
2003-06-13, 01:25 AM
Click Here to see the Tip (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490)

jkendsersky
2003-06-13, 02:00 AM
You can make a new model pattern in revit (see below) or follow Steve's instructions on how to convert patterns.

In Revit go to the settings pulldown, select fill patterns and then select model radio button in the fill pattern dialogue box. Select new and enter a new model pattern name "Horiz. lines (Model)" you can edit line spacing, angle etc.

Once this is set, assign this new pattern to the material(s) surface pattern that you created. (Settings pulldown / Materials)

What is confusing is that revit does not distinguish between model / drafting patterns in surface pattern pull down list when defining new materials. So the name that you give your pattern will help you distinguish one from another (model / drafting).

I hope this helps...

beegee
2003-06-13, 06:18 AM
Thanks Steve and Joe,

Now I've got something to play with over the weekend :)

beegee

bclarch
2003-06-13, 12:58 PM
Model patterns can also be selected and rotated.