PDA

View Full Version : Can't save to central after upgrade

paullee
2006-09-26, 04:14 PM
I saved my local file to central before upgrading from Revit Structure 3 to 4. The first time I opened the local file after this it said changes could not be saved to central after the local file was upgraded, so I closed the local file, opened the central file and created a new local file overwriting the old Revit 3 local file. Everything went fine. I checked the central file to see that changes were being saved to it. The only problem is that no matter how many times I save the local file in Revit 4, when I close & open Revit it upgrades the local file again and says the I can't save to the central file, although I have done so sucessfully several times.

Fred Blome
2006-09-26, 05:02 PM
I saved my local file to central before upgrading from Revit Structure 3 to 4. The first time I opened the local file after this it said changes could not be saved to central after the local file was upgraded, so I closed the local file, opened the central file and created a new local file overwriting the old Revit 3 local file. Everything went fine. I checked the central file to see that changes were being saved to it. The only problem is that no matter how many times I save the local file in Revit 4, when I close & open Revit it upgrades the local file again and says the I can't save to the central file, although I have done so sucessfully several times.You need to upgrade and save the Central file first, then create new locals.

paullee
2006-09-26, 06:14 PM
I did upgrade and save the Central file first, then create new locals.

dhurtubise
2006-09-26, 07:02 PM
Can you open the central ? Try copy-pasting the central file, then rename and open. Does it pop you with a warning about not being a central anymore ?

michael.deorsey
2006-09-26, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a bug to me. You should get in touch with Autodesk ASAP.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-26, 08:28 PM
Sounds like a bug to me. You should get in touch with Autodesk ASAP.

Yes, if you're truly having major issues such as this, and if the issue is consistent, the send it through Support Requests so they can 'squash' this bug! :veryevil:

david_peterson
2006-09-26, 08:39 PM
I believe that Wes M had a post on this issue last week in the workarounds forum.

irwin
2006-09-27, 03:01 AM
I wonder if the file has any other revit files linked in? Were they upgraded as well?

Steve Mintz
2006-09-27, 04:07 PM
I believe that Wes M had a post on this issue last week in the workarounds forum.
Is this the post you're refering to, David?

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=46986
Possible corruption issue in 9.1 [and RS4]

david_peterson
2006-09-27, 04:15 PM
Is this the post you're refering to, David?

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=46986
Possible corruption issue in 9.1 [and RS4]That's the one. But I'm not sure that it's only worksets between RS4 & RB9.1. I thought I had seen something else that stated worksets get corrupted when you went from 9.0 to 9.1 Reguardless of working with RS or not.

Steve Mintz
2006-09-28, 08:32 PM
I just had a Autodesk Tech Support call on an unrelated topic, but gained a morsel of knowledge about the corruption issue:

According to the tech, this problem does not affect many customers. It is only a problem on models which had a workset deleted. If you wish to upgrade such a model, you can contact Autodesk; they have a journal file which will clean up your file for upgrade.

I've incorporated into our best practices that we audit a model and then archive it before upgrade. This gives us a model to go back to in events like this.