PDA

View Full Version : OMG Room Names are Making me CRAZY!

..shaner
2006-09-26, 09:03 PM
im really hoping that someone can help me here, ive got a project at about 90% completion. its a 5 Storey Condo 130 suites. anyways ive got a bunch of wall sections that have room names in them and eveyday i need to adjust the room tags because they have all been moved as shown in the attached picture.

this is happening to all my wall sections and building sections and im really tired of this, my room limits are to the u/s of the precast floor so they are not overlapping and im just out of idea as to why this is happening

someone please let me know

thanks

Scott D Davis
2006-09-26, 09:12 PM
is it a workset project? are others working on it? I can't think of a reason the tags would move on their own. Can you Pin the tags?

Adam Mac
2006-09-26, 10:19 PM
Not that this is going to help - but i've recently experienced this as well - and i thought i must have been something i'd done. I don't use worksets and i'm a "one-man band" office, so there's nobody else involved.

Could it be something to do with the Section marks themselves, e.g. changing the extents/depth of section?

Nic M.
2006-09-27, 06:15 AM
Same here.
Upgraded file from 9.0, no worksets, smalll residential
move a wall on the top floor and basement roomtags change position. But then again not allways.

Sorry, no solution.

sbrown
2006-09-27, 12:31 PM
If you can repeat this, then you need to send it in so they can fix it. It must be a bug with the new functionality.

..shaner
2006-09-27, 12:35 PM
it must be a bug, noone is moving them and its happening in all my sections, are you suggesting i send my file into autodesk? how long will that take? were really busy working on it here and weve got a building permit submission on the 5th, i dont think we can afford to loose any time, is there a way i can contact autodesk about the bug and they send out a patch or fix or somthing?

Scott D Davis
2006-09-27, 03:47 PM
First, stop repositioning the tags every time, fix them later. Second, file a support request. Third, upload a copy of your file to support, they will give you instructions. Fourth, continue to work on your permit submission while the copy of the file is at support. Fifth, likely receive an answer and fix from support within a couple days (make the support request Urgent), fix your tags in your file, print and submit.

..shaner
2006-09-27, 04:42 PM
First, stop repositioning the tags every time, fix them later. Second, file a support request. Third, upload a copy of your file to support, they will give you instructions. Fourth, continue to work on your permit submission while the copy of the file is at support. Fifth, likely receive an answer and fix from support within a couple days (make the support request Urgent), fix your tags in your file, print and submit.

thanks will do

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-27, 08:26 PM
Just to be clear, this is an upgraded file, true? Any plan regions in use on the plan views?

Nic M.
2006-09-28, 06:44 AM
In my case it's an upgraded file. No plan regions
I just uploaded the file to the support FTP site.
I'll post here if they come up with something.

Nic M.
2006-10-03, 02:21 PM
Update

Received a message from Adesk:

Dear,
This is an update to your Support Request. Our development team has tentatively scheduled to deliver a fix in the next release of Revit. The specific release date is unknown, so please use the timing of previous release cycles as a guideline.

Please note: Our quality assurance teams may need to reschedule some fixes. Please rely on the above timeline information as a guideline only and not a guarantee. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.